Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Memories



Today we’re going to share our most memorable diabetes day. You can take this anywhere.... your or your loved one's diagnosis, a bad low, a bad high, a big success, any day that you’d like to share. (Thanks to Jasmine of Silver-Lined for this topic suggestion.)

My most memorable diabetes day is probably not the day of my diagnosis...but the day after.

The day after my diagnosis, my mom and I went back to the hospital to meet with a CDE and start our training. The CDE I was working with also happened to be an RD. We started off learning about the basics of diabetes, signs and symptoms of hyer/hypoglycemia, how to treat hyper/hypoglycemia, insulin peak times, how to give injections, and my favorite part....carbohydrate counting. I fell in love with the nutrition portion of her education. She brought out plastic food models, gave me handouts, we practiced making meals with different carbohydrate contents...it was so much fun. The real test was when she had my mom and I go to the cafeteria and pick up some lunch. We had to document what I chose to eat and how many carbohydrates were in that meal. We rocked it.

While we were at lunch, my RD came up with a day-to-day meal plan. I was on MDI at this time, so I had to eat a set amount of carbohydrates at the same times every day. I still remember exactly how it worked out: 7am 40-50 gm, 10am 25-35gm, 12pm 90-100 gm, 2:30pm 15-20gm, 4:30pm 15-20gm, 7pm 65-75gm, 9pm 25-35 gm. This schedule ruled my world for an entire year. As annoying as it was to always stick to this eating schedule, it taught me a great deal. I learned the importance of regular meals and became an expert carb counter. Give me a food in any quantity and I will tell you how many carbs are in it.

This was the day that opened my eyes to the wonderful world of dietetics. When I went home that night, being the nerd I am, I read all my nutrition for diabetes information I could get my hands on. I read every food label I came in contact with...even if I was not planning on eating that food. I LOVE DIETETICS and I honestly don't think I would have discovered this awesome career had I not been diagnosed with diabetes. Diabetes sucks....but it really was a blessing in disguise.

1 comment:

  1. From 2002 to 2019, I was battling this terrible disease called Diabetes, I couldn't afford so many things, as I was spending about 70% of my income on treating diabetes and liver problems. little did i know that my medications were the main cause of this issue. After spending tons of money nursing my diabetes, my wife’s friend messaged her on facebook,  Sarah told her about  the  great herbalist Dr  James,who uses herbs and roots extract to cure diseases that have been said to be incurable by drugs and injections from Nigeria in west A frica, my wife explained to Dr.James what’s going on with me, and Dr.James asked what i have been using, after my wife explained to him, he asked if i was having blurred vision, kidney issues or any other complications, my wife told him i had blurry vision and liver issues, and he confirmed that the medicines i have been using is the cause of the complications. That was when it occurred to me that my doctor had changed my medications 5 times within the space of 12 years. I took my time to read about the side effects of the medicine i was using, lo and behold, I was shocked.
    After 2 days, we ordered Dr.James  natural  herbs cure for Diabetes treatments and he also gave some directives on what to do, in a 4 days time , the supplements arrived in the States, and my husband started using the herbal medicine in accordance with Dr.James directives. so my husband used the herbal medicine accordingly as he was told. After the completion of the treatment on the 4th week, with  Dr.James herbal medicine, from 2019 till date, my husband  has been feeding normally like everybody else. After I saw these changes in 2019, I told some people I know about  Dr. James herbal mix medicine in west Africa , they used it and told others about it and the good news about Dr.James herbal healings keeps spreading.
    As interesting as this is, Dr.James have has cure for diseases like Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis,Lupus,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Herpes Virus,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid. just reach him on his Email  [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com].  

    ReplyDelete