Monday, May 6, 2013

Checkup (finally)!

Last week, I finally had my endocrinologist appointment! It actually went better than I expected. My mom and I made bets on what my A1c would be before going into the appointment. I bet 7.1…so had a little more faith and bet 5.7. Turns out, my A1c was 5.7. Initially, I was pretty excited! The APRN was a bit concerned. We downloaded my meter and I was averaging numbers in the 200s….not exactly a 5.7. We think I’m not detected all my lows, which is bringing down my A1c.

Looks like I’m starting my sensor again! WAHHHHH. In 2010, I got the Dexcom sensor and LOVED it…but I lost the monitor and never got a new one. In 2011, I decided it was time to try out the Medtronic sensor considering I had the Medtronic pump. I ended up using it for a couple of weeks and hating it. To be fair, I don’t think I gave it much of a chance. I’m back on the Medtronic sensor and things are beginning to look up! The sensor really is helping me catch a bunch of lows that I probably wouldn’t have otherwise noticed. It’s scary to realize that I’ve been walking around like this….sleeping through these! The only thing I dislike about the Medtronic sensor is the needle. It’s so intimidating. It took me nearly 2 hours to work up the courage to insert it last week. Luckily, it looks scarier than it feels and I was so surprised with how little pain I felt inserting the needle.

In other news,I think I'm going to participate in the Fourth Annual Diabetes Blog Week! More posts to come! =]

1 comment:

  1. Balance diet is the essential part of diabetic treatment to stay fit while the patient is suffering from the diabetes and taking the food that has lots of fiber may prevent from further damage.



    Diabetes treatment in Singapore

    ReplyDelete