Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hello! These past couple of months have been very exciting! I'm happy to announce that I was accepted into the New York Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship! Four years of hard work have finally paid off and I am one step closer to becoming a certified diabetes educator. I could not be more excited. I will start the 11 month, clinical internship in September. The hospital provides housing right across the street from the hospital for a VERY reasonable price. It is going to be such an awesome experience to live in the city! AHH! Until September, I will be working as a dietary aide/wait staff at the retirement home, working at the Circle of Life Camp (a diabetes camp), and working towards earning a childhood and adolescent weight management certification. I'm graduating from Keene on Saturday and moving home the following Saturday. It is so bitter-sweet. I have made some great friends and learned so much about myself in Keene. It's surreal to be leaving New Hampshire and moving to New York City. While home this summer, I'm really hoping to be a more active blogger! Once I start my internship, I will keep everyone up-to-date on all my experiences as well. In terms of diabetes, I have my next endo appointment later this month and am anxious to see what my A1c is. My BGs have been great for the most part. I hope I can continue to keep my numbers under control during my busy internship! Hope all is well in the DOC! I can't wait to be more active in it once again!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!
    And at least you still have your summer in NH.
    Colleen in Meredith

    ReplyDelete