Sunday, January 13, 2013

Turning Over a New Leaf

Long time no talk! So I've been MIA on this blog for some time now with very sporadic posts. I'm hoping to change this....starting today. I've been busy with my dietetic internship at New York Presbyterian Hospital. I've completed 5 rotations and am almost done with my 6th! This has been the most educational/eye-opening experience. I still cannot believe I'm interning at one of the nation's top hospitals. On a not-so-positive note, my diabetes has not been so well controlled over the course of this internship. Living in the city with no income has proved to be a struggle. I am not eating the way I should be and have no form of physical activity. I've gone from taking 25-30 units of insulin per day to about 60. I'm actually disgusted with myself right now. I woke up this morning after a night out (I drank too much, had a pita from a Halal cart, a McFlurry, a medium fry, and topped it off with a happy meal)and realized I can't keep living this way. Out of disgust for the way I ate last night and my blood sugar when I woke up this morning,I went for a long run (first run since August) and decided I need to take better care of myself. I started this blog during my sophomore year of college after a similar experience and it truly helped me achieve better control of my diabetes. I'm hoping that I can achieve that once again with the help of this blog!
First run! I'm planning on making this a regular activity for me!

1 comment:

  1. I'll keep reading! And looking forward to reading about your progress.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete