Thursday, September 6, 2012

Diabetes Apps

Hi All!

Life in the city has been swell. I haven't been up to much, but I've done some more exploring! Today I decided to explore the walk/bike path along the East River.

There was a path that went over FDR drive to get to the actual path.

The path is very nice! There were even some little dog parks along the way!

I was a bit nervous when I got to the Queensborough Bridge...but my nervousness came and went. I guess that's something I can expect being so new to the city!

Of course, I did not go for a walk without some sort of sweet to treat any lows along the way. Tis' the season for candy corn! Well, maybe I'm a bit early....but I cannot help but buy some for a "special" low treat! :-)



Okay...so now for the point of this post. This past May, I treated myself to an iPhone as a graduation gift. (Heehee...thought I deserved a reward for all my hard work)! I mainly wanted an iPhone for the GPS apps...for navigating the city and its subways without too many issues. Another reason I felt an iPhone would be useful is for some of the diabetes apps. The DLife app seemed like it might be kind of neat with the videos, food guide, and BG log...but the review weren't too great. I ended up downloading it and it's pretty slow.

Does anyone use any diabetes apps on their phones? If so, which ones? What are they useful for?

Life diabetes-wise has been okay. I had my 3-month endo appointment at the end of last month. My BGs are still on the low-side (A1c 5.6)...probably from all the extra physical activity I was getting at work. Now that I'm in New York and will have a more regular schedule, one of my main goals is to figure out any patterns in my BGs. I'm really starting to make some progress. Adjustments have been made to my:

-Overnight basal rates

-Dinner-time I:C ratio

-Bedtime snack I:C ratio



Last night was a huge breakthrough in that I didn't experience a nighttime low! I also woke up at a wonderful 76 mg/dL!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Thursday...it's almost the weekend! WOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment