Wednesday, December 21, 2011

3 Month Endo Appt

Today I had my 3 month endo appointment. My doctor was not too happy with me.
First strike: Didn't have time to get my blood work done before my appointment. I guess I should have done it while I was at school. I was just so busy that I completely forgot. Hence, we had no A1c to go off of.

Second strike: My morning numbers. After downloading my glucometer's history...she discovered that I have been waking up in the 60s almost every morning. For the next week, I'm going to have to wake up at 1 or 2am and try to figure out if it's my basal rate or my correction that needs to be changed.

Third strike: I lost my medical alert bracelet....again.

On top of everything, I've gained 8 pounds since July. This is mainly because I have not been able to go to the gym as much as I normally do.

I think this appointment has shown me that my health always comes first. I still test 8-10 times a day, but I just haven't been eating as well, exercising as much, or documenting my numbers. I can't perform at my best unless I take care of myself first. Next semester, my goal is to make my health the number one priority. I will only live one life...might as well try and make it as healthy a life as possible!

2 comments:

  1. Ive gained 12lbs and wake up way too high every morning, so I hear ya! You will meet your goal, just think baby steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chin up! You'll get back in the groove. One thing at a time. You can do it

    And one other thing....

    From the mom of a type 1, I beg you----fix the basal so you don't drop overnight! : )

    ReplyDelete